Looking for a work travel experience? Our dynamic and diverse team is hiring various roles in resorts and restaurants across the country!
Ideal candidates will be able to multi-task, take directions and have a willingness to learn, work in a fast-paced manner, and provide adequate service.
Essential Functions of the Job
· Serve food and beverages to guests according to standards
· Run dishes and make serving dishes a high priority
· Proficient in all E47 breakfast and lunch menus and can describe all menu items to a guest if/when necessary
· Well versed in all Wines by the Glass (BTG) offerings
· Has working knowledge on wine-cellar and able to find wines if/when needed
· Use suggestive selling techniques for menu items.
· Attend daily pre-service tasting.
· Ensure friendly and prompt greeting to all guests.
· Take orders and serve menu items requests promptly. Follow established service- and timing-standards.
· Check with the guest during the meal for the guest's satisfaction.
· Responsible for guest check and proper payment.
· Have an accurate working knowledge of the Info Genesis system.
· Set gueridons and tables before service.
· Assists in the clearing and set-up of tables during service.
· Ensures tableware is clean and in place.
· Complete side work.
· Maintain the proper care and cleanliness of tableware, serving equipment and service areas (front and back of the house).
· Make managers aware of all guest comments and complaints.
· Maintain positive communication with service personnel.
· Carries tools necessary to perform the job, i.e., corkscrew, lighter, pen, notepad, etc.
· Knowledgeable of Forbes 5 star standards and adheres to them in every aspect of the operation
Additional Job Duties
Complete tasks and projects delegated by the manager. Assist other departments as business volumes, and staff levels demand.
Will report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook.
Report to work on time. If unable to report for work, notify the manager as described in the employee handbook.
Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department, The Little Nell and The Aspen Skiing Company.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
One year related experience required.
Basic knowledge of wine, food and cooking methods
Ability to carry heavy loads such as trays and tables (40-60 pounds)
Ability to pull heavy loads (300 pounds)
Standing, bending, and stooping required.
Full-time, paid work.
There are no fees for job seekers.
Opportunity to Travel across the United States and experience different positions in a number of different locations.
Six-month placements available for our Summer and Winter sessions.
If you want to stay on after your placement, that option exists!
Over the course of your placement, staff accommodations will be arranged for you!
The program works in groups employees, so if you have friends you would like to live and travel with, make sure you apply together!
Customer service or hospitality experience is an asset but not a requirement.
Must be over 21 and be legally able to work in the United States
Provide a clear police record.
A sense of adventure!